Today I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Technically there's only one side of the bed I wake up on since it's pushed against my son's day bed but, this morning, it was the wrong side.
I knew it wasn't going to be good when my son woke up early and my brain reverberated with a shrill, screechy voice screaming NO NO NO!!!! For some reason that voice is always an acid green. I don't know why but it's like acid green flames flicking inside my brain. I didn't think 'extra snuggle time', I thought ARGH.
I'm not sure if it was the long list of errands that need running, or the end of month checkbook balance or what, but I want this mood GONE. And because it's so often the little things that add up to a big mood change, I'm going to list a few little things that made me happy this morning.
1) Hanging my clothes on the line to dry. Last summer my husband hung a single line on our upstairs balcony for me to hang clothes on. I underestimated how much I would love hanging clothes out to dry.
2) J pushing his trash truck up to me and asking me "are you so excited?!" as he shows me what he has tucked in the back of the truck (milk flat car and a passenger car this time).
3) Blackberry jam on homemade whole wheat toast.
4) Drinking hot tea.
5) Sunny, warm winter days.
6) Emails from friends.
7) 10:30 and J and I are still in our pajamas.
8) Cleaning the kitchen - not that I love the cleaning but I sure love the way it looks when it's done.
9) Three of my orchids are re-blooming - I love it when that happens.
10). Skipping running errands - that definitely makes me happy!
There, I'm feeling better already.