Sunday, January 27, 2013

Fruit and Nut Bars


These fruit and nut bars from Zenbelly turned out fantastic and J loves, loves, loves them! I'm super pleased because they aren't sticky like the last bars I tried making (no honey) and they couldn't be easier to make. Equal portions dried fruit and nuts - I can DO that!
We made a version of the apricot/almond bars because that's what I had on hand. I added an extra 1/2 cup of everything since my pan was 9x9 not the originally called for 8x8.



Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups almonds
1/2 cup pitted dates
1/2 cup apricots, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 cup cranberries

Directions:
  • Throw it all in a food processor and whirl
  • Process until it’s as fine as you can get it. Add a tablespoon of water if it doesn’t start to clump together on it’s own (I added 2T)
  • Press into an 9×9 pyrex dish, lined with parchment paper for easy removing.
  • Refrigerate for an hour or so before you cut them into whatever shape you want.
  • Wrap in parchment paper and store in the fridge. Super easy and super tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment