Thursday, February 21, 2013

Pizza dough

I was putting J down for his nap when suddenly, out of the blue, I had a craving for cheese pizza. We haven't had a homemade pizza in a long time! During football season, we make pizza every Monday night. J calls it 'Monday night pizza and football night' and gets very excited about it. Which I finally doubly funny since he doesn't even really like pizza (yet). The dough is so easy to make and comes together very quickly - it's (almost) as fast as ordering a pizza delivery!

For one 14" thin crust pizza (recipe can be easily doubled)
Ingredients:

2 cups flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 T olive oil
1 1/4 t yeast
3/4 cups warm water
small squeeze of honey

Directions:
  • Combine yeast, honey and warm water and let rest until the yeast is foamy (about 5 minutes).
  • In the bowl of your food processor, combine the flour and salt.
  • Stir up the yeast/water mixture and add the olive oil.
  • With the blade running, slowly pour in the yeast mixture. If the dough is too wet, add more flour, if it's too dry, add water. Whirl until the dough comes together in a ball.
  • Leave in the bowl of the food processor and let rise for about an hour or until doubled.
  • Remove dough and form into a pizza shape (I use my hands, a rolling pin and my fingers to stretch the dough) and top with your favorite toppings.
* I shape mine on a bread peel and bake it on a pizza stone - pretty tasty that way (and it makes me feel slightly Italian).

No comments:

Post a Comment