Wednesday, December 26, 2012

The very last post of Life Changes I want to make and then I start living them.

I lay in bed the other night and tried to come up with a Top Ten for 2010. I used to have no trouble doing so, in fact it was difficult choosing the Top Ten. Often we ended up with many more. I came up with maybe five this year. Five out of twelve whole months to make amazing, or even just fun, things happen. Those five things felt really lame too.

I'm not talking the incredible international trips we used to take (at least not until J is older) but we can still DO things, go places, make our own adventures, fun and memories. The best fun we have is being together as a family, all of us being present for and with each other (getting out of the house helps). These are things I want J to grow up with too - not the memory of being surrounded by toys and parents who don't pay attention.

2012 feels like a year of...not survival really but definitely just living. Part of that is because we have a toddler and part is because making an effort felt like too much effort. It's also because the news out there isn't pretty and hasn't been pretty and a lot of what's going on just makes you want to pull the covers over your head. That's no way to live however. I guess in many ways I have been substituting my desire to feel like I'm living with shopping. The rush of expecting a package has taken the place of making plans to go places, do things and have adventures. Well that all changes this New Year.

Ok so I've listed out some pretty serious life changes for this upcoming year. At the end of 2013, I'd like them to just be part of me, so ingrained that I can't even remember what my life was like before. And I really want a healthy savings account, so many wonderful memories that they can't fit in my memory jar (link), and to have lived a wholesome life. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment