Thursday, December 27, 2012

I had exactly what I wanted to say perfectly set in  my mind late last night and now I can't remember how it was worded. Sigh.

I'm pretty sure it was along the lines of how I know how lucky I am to be deciding between buying organic foods and saving and toys for my kid or clothes for me. These are privileged choices to be making. First world, doing ok, fully employed decisions. They are luxurious decisions but they are decisions that will affect my life and my family and they're things that need to be done.

I can only write about what I know and what I know is this - my life needs to change. I'm pretty darn close (if not already at) middle age and I'm not going to spend the next half of my life sitting on the couch, eating fake food, not moving my body and online shopping with nothing to show for myself at the end of the year. I don't want this life for myself and I don't want it for my son and husband. It's time to start saying "I can" and "YES!" a lot more. In the words of the immortal Mr. Money Mustache I need a face punch and I'm giving myself one. I really hope that I'm still writing in a years time and that my list of marvelous things to have happened and accomplishments made is pages long.

No comments:

Post a Comment