Sunday, December 30, 2012

Simple idea to make our life better.

I had an epiphany this morning as I sat at the table and wrote in my journal while J played with play dough (a repeat of yesterday morning). Being at the 'adult' table together made it so much more enjoyable for him and for me, it really opened my eyes to how things are situated at home. At home he has a little art table that's tucked into a corner of the breakfast room. The chair faces the wall. I usually set something up for him and watch for a little bit while he starts the project but I rarely sit with him while he does it. It's just not comfortable and I have a sudden feeling it's not comfortable for him either. I'd never really thought about it until we shared the table here.

I'm going to try something new, when he does art, it's at the breakfast room table with me. I may be doing something else (writing or crafting), but I will be with him. I have a really good feeling about this - and all it's going to take is a simple move.

No comments:

Post a Comment