Tuesday, May 5, 2015

How I work out when I have a head cold.

I don't. Seriously. I don't. I have no desire to do anything besides sit on my butt or lie down when I'm not feeling well.

I know there's all the studies that say it's ok to continue to work out unless you lungs are congested. I'm sure there are people who do manage to keep working out when their bodies are sick but their lungs are mercifully clear (in fact I'm married to one). Well hooray for them.

Not me. When I'm sick I want a comfy couch, some sports on TV and a nap. If I am sick enough I want my bed. Today I want a combination of both. I got sick last week and pushed myself. Work, Birthday party Saturday, Giants game Sunday, more work yesterday and today I woke up runny, congested and miserable.

That'll teach me. I should have taken it easier (well except for the Giants game, I mean like I would ever miss that!). I should have taken better care of myself. When you're sick, your body needs a little mothering. A little care. A little hot tea. Maybe a cookie.

I'm off to take a nap - I'm listening to my body and that's what it says it wants. And a big bowl of pasta. Hey, my body has good taste.

1 comment:

  1. Tea & cookies can definitely help in the mending process :-) Hopefully you can rest and feel better quickly !!!

    ReplyDelete